jueves, 10 de julio de 2008

Hydrangeas, "un sueño de Hortensias" - July 9th.




I painted these hydrangeas on July 9th, again I used impasto technique with palette knife and oil paint, very thick texture !.
When I was a child I admired this beautiful plant every time we traveled to the coasts of the Rio de la Plata in Uruguay, my country of origin. Many houses there had huge plants in their front yards and when they were blooming it looked really amazing to me.
Today I still like them a lot and I was planning on painting them since a long time ago, yesterday I did my first painting of these hydrangeas, in Uruguay we call them “Hortensias”.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did painting it !!!
Title: “Un sueño de hortensias” ( A dream of Hydrangeas ) Abstract hydrangea, floral.
Medium: oil on hand stretched canvas, the textured painting continues on the staples’ free sides and so it is ready to hang.
Technique: highly textured impasto, painted using a palette knife and brush.
Size: 8” x 8”
SOLD
Recuerdo cuanto disfrutaba cuando era niña y visitabamos con mi familia las costas de Canelones en Uruguay! Una de las cosas que me fascinaba era ver las plantas de hortensias en flor en muchas casas de los balnearios sobre la costa del Rio de la Plata, que maravilla pensaba yo, ya por esa epoca me empezaba a fascinar la Madre Naturaleza. Ayer, y después de muchos años de aquella epoca de mi niñez tome una foto de hortensias y me puse a crear mi pintura diaria con gran placer y deleite! Espero de corazon que la disfruten tanto como yo lo hice pintandola.


No hay comentarios:

Related Posts with Thumbnails